No car needed to see the best of Austin.
The Heywood Hotel is perfectly located in Austin, just blocks from downtown, the Convention Center, Rainey Street, Lady Bird Lake, Sixth Street and more — walkable or $5 by taxi or rideshare. We’re right on the #17 bus line, and we offer free bikes to tool around town. We’re smack dab in the middle of the hip East Austin neighborhood where you’ll find some of the city’s best restaurants and cocktails, eclectic art, and best breakfast tacos in the universe. Free parking is provided for guests with cars.
Distance to popular Austin attractions:
- More than 30 top restaurants and bars including: Launderette, Bufalina, Kemuri Tatsu-ya, Veracruz All Natural, La Barbecue, Via 313 Pizzeria, The White Horse, Weather Up, Scoot Inn.
- Austin Convention Center
- Lady Bird Lake / Town Lake
- Rainey Street District (bars and restaurants)
- French Legation
- Texas State Cemetery
- Festival Beach Park
- University of Texas (2 miles)
- Texas State Capitol (2 miles)
- South Congress District (2 miles)
- Blanton Art Museum (2 miles)
- Frank Erwin Center (2 miles)
- LBJ Presidential Library (2 miles)
- Zilker Park and Barton Springs Pool (2.5 miles)
- Royal Stadium (2.5 miles)
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport (7 miles)
- Circuit of the Americas (12 miles)